- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- In their official capacity, the awardee must have had a positive impact on the federal law enforcement profession in the preceding year.
- The awardee must have been employed in the law enforcement profession or as an executive in an organization whose mission is to support federal law enforcement, in the preceding year.
- The awardee must have demonstrated strong leadership skills in the preceding year, and a sustained commitment to the goals and mission of law enforcement.
- The awardee must exude the highest level of integrity and honor for the law enforcement profession.
- The awardee must not have been convicted of a felony.
- The awardee will have carried out their duties and advocacy for the law enforcement profession in a non-partisan manner during the preceding year.
- Any member of the FLEOA Foundation Board may nominate someone for the award. The Executive Board will convene and identify the nominee that most closely meets the criteria for the award. A majority vote of the FLEOA Foundation Executive Board will be necessary to select an awardee.